Tuesday, March 14, 2006

On a serious note...

At approximately 11 pm I sat in tears at my house and knew I had an important phone call to make. It is a phone call I've wanted to make for the last year, but haven't had the courage to do. I realized I actually had 8 minutes exactly before this opportunity would pass.

That's right folks. Infomercials are a love of mine and there are two that regularly bring tears to my eyes. The one that aired last night was for "Sheer Cover". Sheercover is a wonderful new make-up product I have been wanting to buy, but I have been waiting for my make-up to run out. I got to the part where the girl removes her Sheercover and you see her birthmark, she cries, I cry, and the number flashes up on the screen.

How did I know what color to get you may ask? Easy. Leeza Gibbons and I have similar coloring. I called the number and talked to "Derek" who also tried to get me to buy bronzer, but I didn't give in. Last night I woke up three times thinking "I need to call Sheercover back...I think I have lighter skin than Leeza". "Chad" assured me this morning that I could get another kit if the color is wrong.

Jeff begged to share about his weekend in Austin seeing David Gray, but I say give the people something that can help make their lives a little more wonderful. I think my life is about to change for the better. I have been holding back on "The Magic Bullet" blender set, but if anyone has one would you please let me know? I am so glad to be back from Torino so I can share about these wonderful products!




8 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

let me guess: does the second infomercial involve a ms. jessica simpson and a ms. venessa williams?

also, have you ever considered going to www.asseenontv.com? it may very well make all your dreams come true!

6:26 AM  
Blogger hannah said...

sarah. i stand behind you one hundred percent. dont listen to all their laughing and ridicule! and um, can i have your medium set if you are in fact lighter than leeza?

12:31 PM  
Blogger kimberly said...

my brother and I share a fascination for infomercials. his girlfriend bought him a magic bullet for christmas and he thinks it rocks. I need to see it in person to be convinced.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

trust me, clark. this is very real. it has been my reality for the last week. it began w/ a late night phone call from S, and hannah saying, 'Do it. Do it now!'

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm still recovering from the initial shock of this post AND a conversation involving Sarah and Hannah earlier this week. I'll get back to you in a few weeks with my thoughts.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever get a chance to watch the guy who sells knives on the home shopping network, don't miss it. That is seriously one of the funniest things on television.

"I have included the knife shaped like a fish. I have included the gun which shoots knives. You get 35 tactical folders free..."

10:56 PM  
Blogger shalinn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:23 AM  
Blogger shalinn said...

"what do you put on your skin at night? petroleum jelly? oh libby. you're committing murder! have you tried 'new you'?" i suspect that sheila albertson likes infomercials too sarah. you're in good company.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home