Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Aught Six.

Happy New Year to all my Home Dogs.

As some sort of purging exercise for 2006, I've been reflecting on what I fear most in life. I've narrowed it down to three:

1) Mike Tyson

Yikes. The dude has made a very good living out of punching people incredibly hard. You take a teensy rage problem, a propensity for random acts of violence, throw in gratuitous amounts of 'crazy' and shaZAM, you've got my #1. Mike, you are one bad MoFo.


2) Great White Sharks

Imagine you're out catching a few waves after work off the coast of beautiful Northern California. Calm, peaceful water lapping across your surfboard, seagulls floating weightlessly overhead in a cloudless blu...WHAMO!!!! then this guy launches out of the depths, grabs a hold of one of your appendages and pulls you under in a cloak of your own blood.








No fank you. I'm good on the beach.

3) Prison

I'll be a good boy as long as I don't have to spend the rest of my days w/ my hand in some bad guy's back pocket.






Honorable Mention: Ronald McDonald


I just don't trust him. Never have, never will.






p.s. - Big ups to Clark's dad, Tom, for reading our blog and "loving it". A comment from Tom would make my life.


p.s.s. - Big ups to me for starting off my first work day of 2006 by backing my car right over my golf clubs. Righteous.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When exactly are you thinking you are going to come in contact with Mike Tyson, sharks, or prison? McDonalds I can see based on your love affair with fast food. Let's make a New Year's Resolution to get your oven fixed so we can eliminate that honorable mention as well. It's going to be a great year, Jeff!

2:42 PM  
Blogger jaymorgner said...

Sarah, good news. I fixed the oven! It took a great deal of effort, a little problem solving, and the flick of a wrist, but that thing is burning hotter than ever. 2006 is the year of the oven.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah, seriously. you are scared of everything. real and imaginary. sharks are sort of a beuatiful picture of celestial justice for the millions of smaller, toothless fish who are jerked from the water by their bottom lips and dangled on a steel hook. i still think the opportunity to fight off a shark in shallow water would be fairly righteous. imagine showing off that scar!

7:52 PM  
Blogger shalinn said...

i'm so confused jay - you told me just the other day that '06 was the year of the boxer, not the oven. wait a minute - mike tyson was a boxer, and there's probably a lot of boxing in prison. and jeff probably wants to punch ronald mcd's big mac right out. so, really i retract my confused state. burn baby burn, oven inferno.

7:11 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

jeff. funniest post ever. it took me this long to stop laughing about it so i could comment. love you jeffers. more time with huffmania this year?? as long as you dont make plans to date my daughter in 14 years...

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Year of the Dog. TYOTD.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom told me that a clown killed my father. Then I went to McDonalds and Ronald said, "No ... I am your father." NOOOOOOOOO!

2-double aught-sizzle. Year of the d-o-double-gizzle.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein snoop D-O-double G

4:21 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

i'm glad this year is the year of the dog...makes life with jeff so much more interesting than if it was the year of the rooster (2005). another chinese new year fact -- it's the year 4703 according to the chinese calendar.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's sarah?? getting bored.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Igford said...

No kidding. Where is Sarah? Is she too good to post on her own blog in 2006?

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home