Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Note to self...

This is a small moment from my life I thought I should quickly share. When you are in an email conversation and the other person pisses you off, don't write a response based on your emotional reaction. If you do write a "reactive" response however and decide it sounds too spiteful, make sure you delete the original bitchy response before you send the nicer version. I made the mistake of sending both to Jeff yesterday. I conveyed some strong emotions and his response was so kind. "I like the first draft better...more punchy". Thanks Jeff. You always know the right thing to say.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic. nice one grandma.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

language, sarah! "piss" and "bitch" in one little paragraph...

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to know what the two of you were talking about that created such an "emotional" and "punchy" response.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying to think if there is anything we talk about that doesn't create an emotional and punchy response. Normally, Jeff is the one that is punchy and I have to continually say to myself "Sarah, he just needs you to listen right now. It's not you, it's him". Oh wait. Actually maybe its the other way. I always seem to get it confused.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is totally inappropriate and probably based in the fact that I've recently returned from vacation and have a new kitten that keeps us up at night. I made myself laugh almost to the point of tears ... again, probably due to fatigue, but ...

Based on Sarah's post and Mikey's comment, I'd like to coin a new derogatory term: "pissbitch". It just rolls off the tongue and wraps so much into one word. A common usage might sound like this: "Jeffer, I'm sorry I was such a pissbitch the other day. Please forgive me." Or "Call me a pissbitch, but I can't stand it when people hit 'reply to all' in an email just meant for one person."

Sorry.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home