Monday, May 22, 2006

clown shoes.



I realize as I write this post I am opening myself up to public ridicule. Jeff wanted me to post something however, and I just really want to do whatever he wants me to do. Is this what you want Jeff?

I need help understanding the difference between these two pictures. That's right. I am just going to come out and say that when I see Crocs the first picture association that flashes into my mind is "clown shoes". Adult clown shoes. Is that rude?

Before any of you decide to tear into me, let me also say there is an "acceptability spectrum". Children. Fine. Let the kids wear whatever they want. Ladies. Okay, women like "comfortable" and they like to color code. Still not my favorite, but okay. Men. No. Unacceptable. Hell no. Dealbreaker. However you want to say it. I can't even count all the men I now see wearing something like an orange shirt, black pants, and orange crocs. There are a handful of fads throughout the years that history looks back and sneers upon. These shoes will be one of them. Call it a prophetic word...




My favorite new addition to crocs are the "jibbitz". A new, fun way to decorate the holes in the shoes that shouldn't be there in the first place. You can add a lady bug. How about a smiley face? Guys, maybe soccer ball to show off your love of sports? A skull and crossbones just to "toughen" them up a bit? Or letters? Now you can spell your favorite words or acrostics. After this rant I discovered one such person that will be running out today to get the jibbitz letters TYOTD...because he already has the shoes to put them in. You look great, Jeff. But I think this is a dealbreaker...


16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, handsome.

8:37 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

judging by that picture of jeff, i would say he is getting ready to enter the profession of line chef?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Chris Spinks said...

Absolutely a deal breaker! How in the world did these things even get popular. One day they will be in the category with Swatch guards, leg warmers, and parachute pants. None of them serve a purpose that something a little more pleasing to the eye could not do.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah, you really let your legs go in africa. i frankly don't see how oversized clown shoes could be more acceptable on a woman than a man. it seems to me that indestructible, weather-proof, ventilated footwear (whatever the effiminate coloration) is more suited, in any case, to the foot of a man.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jibbitz are cute. i think gail has a pair of those.

11:58 AM  
Blogger shalinn said...

i've always been told that nurses like crocs because they're comfortable and easy to clean should bodily fluids make their way towards their ambulatory appendages. not many men in your profession are there greg? personally speaking however, i agree with sarah. not okay. and jeff? with black socks and shorts it doesn't matter what shoes you're sporting. the terms "fashion backward" and "dirty old man" come to mind.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These abominations of fashion are not okay. Remember jellies, people? Same idea. Fugly.

12:23 PM  
Blogger kimberly said...

amen sarah, amen. dealbreaker.

12:54 PM  
Blogger donna said...

but sarah, i don't like them, they're just really comfortable! and i only wear them when i'm doing yard work...

1:51 PM  
Blogger Igford said...

I'm split. I *love* the clown shoes, but I hate the crocs.

On a side note: Donna, that's exactly what I said about my banana hammock when you threatened to punch me in the face. Hypocrite.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they are ugly and ridiculous myself but then again I've never put them on my feet for that very reason so maybe they are the most comfortable things in the world I don't know but I'll agree with clown shoes.

7:03 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Everyone who owns a pair of Crocs knows they're ugly...but the jibbitz thing? Now that's just going too far.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there needs to be a pair of TYTOD crocs...Hannah, can you get on that?

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not rude and a deal breaker. what do you think about guys in capri pants?

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As per usual, I'm weighing in a bit late here, but yes. Grandma, these are the ugliest shoes I've ever seen. A close second are clogs--of any material. I would bet that the people that own Crocs are at least a little self conscious every time they wear them--deep, deep down inside. I really hope that picture of my dogg, Jeffer, is just a joke. Please, TELL ME the Lardawg did not waste money on Crocs.

You think you're too cool for school. But I've got a news flash for you, Walter Cronkite. ... You aren't.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for Crocs Jibbitz and am glad to see them here at Crocs Jibbitz. They are so cool.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home