Friday, August 19, 2005

sarah's quirks

I am really getting into this blog thing way more than I thought I would. Kristen has "tagged" me for quirks and as thinking about it I realized I needed to do categories. I have a lot of OCD disorder things that are "normal" for me. I am going to write the ones that seem particularly peculiar. I am excited to see Jeff's idiosyncrasies, and request that he posts an edited version. Thank you Jeff. :)

#1 When I see small children brush their teeth I always have a gag reflex and feel like I am going to throw up.

#2 Already posted this on John's blog...I slow down when I see a policeman...when I am walking.

#3 Occasionally I find myself clacking my teeth to the clock or song rhythyms. Does anyone else do that?

#4 Since I was a child I do what my mother refers to as "working myself into a frenzy" before I go to sleep. Whenever I have to get up for something especially I lay there and count down the math and get very frenzied because I am trying too hard to fall asleep...example..."now it is midnight, I have to get up in six hours...if I fall asleep in thirty minutes I will only get 5.5 hours of sleep...oh my gosh, now it is 1:30...I have to get up in 4.5 hours I have got to go to sleep. Sometimes this can last for several hours. A few times all night.

#5 When I purchase clothing I figure out the math on the "price per wear". I will wear this at least once a week for the next year and it costs forty dollars...that will be about a dollar a week. I will wear this twice in the next year and it costs forty dollars...at twenty dollars per wear is it really worth it?

#6 I am a heavy walker and a heavy sitter. I throw all of my weight into both so it would sound like I weigh aproximately three hundred pounds. Ask my roommate.

#7 I could devote at least ten of these to things have to do with hair. Disgusting. Do not get me started.

#8 I eat grapes a certain way...I put them one by one into my mouth and once several are in there I chew them up.

Oh my gosh...I think I need counseling. I am way over the allowable limit for quirks. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger chief gordon said...

clacking your teeth to a rhythm? that's so WEIRD.
*snicker*

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about your deal with people softly touching you on your shoulder or arm? and what about.....and what about that thing with your?....

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can verify number six. sarah regularly interrupts meetings taking place in the basement of the church as she descends the stairs. no one can believe that one person could create such noise, so everyone pauses to see who/what will emerge from the doorway.

1:18 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

sarah -- you forgot how you like to dance around in your underwear in front of people who are uncomfortable with it...oh wait, that's me. thanks for promtping jeff to edit his; i shudder to think what my eyes would've seen if you hadn't.

8:34 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

i heart all of your "quirks" gordon, oh wait... i mean sarah...

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home